Sunday, November 26, 2006

The problem with laptops

...is that they're too easy to work with whilst one is in a horizontal position. I greatly enjoy horizontality. Especially on days like today, filled as it is with slush and bluster, grey skies, and unceasing raindrops that have just morphed into snowflakes here in my neck of the woods.

I like to fool myself into believing that I'll actually get work done while I'm horizontal. And, if "work" is defined in a broad sense, then perhaps I am correct. I am "working" at present on this blog entry, for example.

Honestly, my industriousness from earlier in the quarter seems to be fading away. I spent much of Thanksgiving in a spot I've dubbed the womb room at my parents' place. There, down in the basement, in front of the happy warm fireplace, I spent much of the Thanksgiving break, catching up on my sleep.

Now that I've had a taste of the happy horizontality, I want more. More, I say! I wish to nap for hours on end.

But alas, there appears to be an inverse correlation between horizontality and industriousness. And speaking of inverse correlations, I have a stats project to work on ...

Tags:

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Here here.

I'm horizontal with a lap top on my lap as we speak.

Anonymous said...

You are not alone. I bet that every single being loves being horizontal. :)